© Copyright 2004, 2018 Bedican® Ltd.
The Bedican Compass (more a utility), is a replacement compass module for the There.com client and is the base product of all Bedican Compass derivatives, including derivatives for re-branded There.com clients.
The Bedican Compass is provided as free software, if you have found it useful, please consider donating.
|Bedican Compass 3.41 (installer)||compass-3.41.exe||Download|
|Bedican Compass 3.41||compass-3.41.zip||Download|
User Contributed Commands
User contributed commands can be installed with the following tool. If you would like to contribute your own set, please contact me.
After running the installer, either close and re-open the compass, or type /rc to reload config.
Please re-install the compass should you wish to reset the command set back to default.
|Command Installer 1.0||BedicanCompassCommands-1.0.exe||Download||View Commands|
This software is NOT endorsed by There inc, by using this software you take full responsibility of any issues that arise from using it. Install this at your own risk.
This site is the only location where you can download the Bedican Compass. I cannot guarante that any other site is offering either the Bedican Compass as provided here, or a safe derivative.
Redistribution and use of the Bedican Compass in binary form is permitted providing the following conditions are met:
Please note: The following does not include redistribution of the GPS or GPSD module.
- Redistributions must reproduce the above copyright notice.
- Redistributions must provide a link to this page.
- Neither the name Bedican, Bedican Ltd nor the name of the Bedican Compass author, real or otherwise, may be used to endorse or promote any website or products without specific prior written permission. The name Bedican is a registered trademark of Bedican Ltd.
Please ensure you have the following before installing.
- Adobe Flash Player, version 7,0,19,0 or above.
- There inc, Explorer Pack add-on. To see if you have this add-on or to purchase it from There inc, view "Member Info" from your profile.
- Browse to the compass directory, for the standard There client install this will be:
- Rename "compass.swf" so that you have a backup of the original compass.
- Unzip "compass.swf" to the compass directory.
- Unzip "bedican.xml" to the compass directory.
- Unzip "gps.swf", "SavedPlaces.xml", and "configVars.txt" to the compass directory.
- Unzip "gpsd.swf" and "gpsd.xml" to the compass directory.
- Have fun!
The client does not need to be restarted, just reload the compass !
What you should know about the GPS:
The GPS module (gps.swf) along with its supporting files (SavedPlaces.xml and configVars.txt) was written by Myrmex, who allowed it to be bundled together with this distribution of the Bedican Compass.
As of 28/09/2005 Tablatronix was able to release an update to the Myrmex GPS, and allowed it to be bundled with this distribution of the Bedican Compass.
For future GPS updates these files can simply be replaced with the updated versions.
To find out more about the GPS or to get the GPS on its own, please check out the following:
Thanks to both Myrmex and Tablatronix
What you should know about the GPSD:
The GPSD module (gpsd.swf) along with its supporting files (gpsd.xml) was written by BtSt.
As of 26/02/2015 Tablatronix was able to release an update to the BtSt GPSD, and allowed it to be bundled with this distribution of the Bedican Compass.
For future GPSD updates these files can simply be replaced with the updated versions.
To find out more about the GPSD or to get the GPSD on its own, please check out the following:
Thanks to both BtSt and Tablatronix
Over time I have provided a private non-exclusive license to individuals to enable continued development of the Bedican Compass.
The following is a definative list of acceptable derivative works:
BBoy Compass - Tablatronix